The Toomey Foundation welcomes anyone to apply for grants as long as such requests meet the Foundation’s criteria for funding. The following requirements must be met before a grant proposal is reviewed.
- Requests must be submitted by a not-for-profit organization and include a letter of support for the grant application on the organization’s letterhead from the applicant’s supervisor or board. *Must be submitted by mail.
- Requests should clearly indicate the benefit to science and / or education.
- All grants must be specific and have a projected completion date.
Grant requests are reviewed on a quarterly basis and may be funded in whole or in part. Applications may be returned for additional information. All grants need to be clear, concise and include the following information:
(Please type or print clearly)
- Name of applicant and institution
- Organization’s 501c3 tax ID number
- Phone and fax numbers
- Mailing address
- E-mail address or website (if available)
- Specific reason for request
- Project description
- Projected date of project commencement
- Estimated completion date
- Anticipated results of project
(i.e. Thesis paper, Research publication, Collection expansion, Vehicle, building, etc.)
- Name(s) of other foundations or organizations where applications for funding of this project have been submitted?
- Amount of funding requested
- Impact on project if partial funding is granted
Please allow 90 days for this application to be reviewed. All applicants will receive a letter of acceptance or rejection following the review. Requests for additional information may delay processing. Applications may be submitted electronically but some components will have to be mailed for verification. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Toomey Foundation for the Natural Sciences
800 Morgan Johnson Road
Bradenton, FL 34208
(941) 201-6805 extension 103